Simple things to try before calling Applewood for service.
If you have any trouble with your system, remember you can always call Applewood for help and service.
Air Conditioning Equipment Checklist:
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “cool” position.
- Verify that your outdoor air conditioning (condensing unit) is running.
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker panel (or electrical pane). Make sure they are all in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor unit “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit. (Normally a grey 8″ wide x 16″ high x 4″ deep box mounted to the wall).
- Ensure that the blower motor in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the “cool” position, the furnace blower should be running). If not, check to make sure the on / off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” position.
- Be sure that you have changed your filter in the furnace recently. An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture. Furniture should be moved away from return air grilles at least four inches for adequate air supply.
Gas Furnace Equipment:
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set in the “heat” position. Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set above (or higher than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the furnace. Try turning the fan to ‘ON’ using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
- Check the circuit breakers at the electrical panel.Check the SSU switch (it looks like a light switch on a grey box located at the furnace) to be sure it is in the ‘ON’ position
- Has the furnace filter been replaced recently? If the system is running but you have not changed your filter, the filter needs to be replaced.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
- Check all supply air registers to make sure they are open and blowing air. (The return air grilles are normally located on your walls and are wide and flat).
If these handy checklists do not solve your problem, contact Applewood right away for service.